Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 5: How to fill a day

6 am,wake up bright and early, get a work out in. Have breakfast and head to our clinic where things are heating up as well. Athletes are getting treated by the morning in clinc and their respective therapist so their are primed to compete. I spent the morning in the clinic and since some of the other doctors are now in the Village having arrived with their teams, we have started the "master schedule" where we can keep track of every member of the health care team. Are they at the venue, unavailable due to other commitments like team meetings, or can they be in the clinic? Since I had some time when I didn't have to be in the clinic, I headed to the Richmond Oval to see some of our athletes competing in "training races". They are races against other athletes but do not really count. Fine tuning. As I arrived back at the Village, was able to find someone else to spend some time in clinic so I took off to Cypress to see the men and women moguls training in the evening. Missed the women but caught about 40 minutes of the men before I had to get myself back on a transport to return to the Village as I was covering from 8-10 pm.

The hill looks very good. Sparkling white : yes there is snow!. But the surrounding forrest and terrain is brown and dark as it is not snow covered or patchy and it is nighttime with extremely bright lights to create a vivid contrast.




















A full day. Tomorrow, it starts again. No need to know if it's Monday or Saturday. It doesn't matter. Opening Ceremonies in 4 days. It's getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment